35 hours and 20 minutes until....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whoop, there it is! :D

:pms2: I KNEW you'd get it!! The funniest thing I have ever encountered was the change in attitude towards "a woman with a gun" that I experienced when I switched from carrying my Glock at work to carrying that Gold Cup. Guys (some of whom are members here --- YEAH!! I remember you guys!! :naughty:) went from open distain towards me to utter worship ... We had a GREAT time with it!! :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If she could be turned, she will become a powerful ally.

Sorry, Kinggabby ... No turning me! I've experienced how stupid people can be and how they tend to ... ahhhhh ... errrrr ... "lose personal boundaries" when guns come out in the open. I'll pass, thankyouverymuch ... :wink2:

In all seriousness, though, I hope things go well for all you OC guys tomorrow. Even though I don't see eye to eye with you guys on this issue, we are all still part of the bigger "gun community". (Don't think that means I'll quit giving you a hard time about it though! :D)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excellent holsters for OC.....

"Plastic Holsters Suck"...

Depends.

I've got a Blackhawk L2 retention holster with the belt loop mount attached. What happened in that video would not happen with that holster. Neither the holster being removed from the person nor the gun being removed from the holster would occur. Unless you know how to remove the gun from the holste it just ain't gonna happen.

One doesn't imagine that your typical criminal trying to sneak up and disarm you would know how to remove a pistol from a L2 or L3 retention holster. Then again any thing is possible.

Add retention training to the formula and the odds of being disarmed without your consent are very, very low.

Last edited by a moderator:

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, Kinggabby ... No turning me! I've experienced how stupid people can be and how they tend to ... ahhhhh ... errrrr ... "lose personal boundaries" when guns come out in the open. I'll pass, thankyouverymuch ... :wink2:

In all seriousness, though, I hope things go well for all you OC guys tomorrow. Even though I don't see eye to eye with you guys on this issue, we are all still part of the bigger "gun community". (Don't think that means I'll quit giving you a hard time about it though! :D)
I see both sides of the issue . I have thought it out in my mind ( most dangerous thing I have done) . And the way I see it is if you are comfortable to OC then do so. If you are not then don't. And as others have posted if you do OC be polite and kind. BE slow to anger and try to be as helpful as you can. Showing that good people can OC and not shoot everything and everyone in sight. If LEO ask you for your permit and ID no arguments show it to them ( it's the law anyways). If someone ask you about why you carry be nice and do not be mean with your answers. Also as posted before those who choose to OC will become ambassadors for the 2A . Carry everywhere you are legal to do so be it OC or CC and as always be safe.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One doesn't imagine that your typical criminal trying to sneak up and disarm you would know how to remove a pistol from a L2 or L3 retention holster. Then again any thing is possible.

In the same sense having one of the ubertac ninja Blackhawk holsters isn't going to allow for much speed, or if under any sort of CQ situation it could cause problems. YMMV though. :D

My comments were in regards to Fobus though.....

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the same sense having one of the ubertac ninja Blackhawk holsters isn't going to allow for much speed, or if under any sort of CQ situation it could cause problems. YMMV though. :D

My comments were in regards to Fobus though.....
I wont be carrying open. It will still remain under the shirt or coat but may show from time to time.
Interesting video though, I'll remember that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom