• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 40 caliber mold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the info. I havent even built my smelting pot yet. I do have tons of lead and debate on scraping or storing for later. I may talk to a shop I frequent and pick up wheel weights to blend with the soft lead I have. Powder coat sounds like an Avenue to try. Sad, we bought a new toaster over over Christmas and just ditched the old one.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sad, we bought a new toaster over over Christmas and just ditched the old one.

20/20 hindsight. Oh, well. I picked up a used one at a secondhand shop for (I think) ten bucks or less. Certainly not perfect, but it works. I used an oven thermometer to check thermostat/rheostat settings before I started using it to powder coat.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I used a stainless steel cooking pot for many years casting sinkers.. then I began casting bullets..I did not use a ladle.
I just poured from the pot.
As you pour the lead out it will form a perfect little stream.

Thrift stores for toaster oven and pots. you can get a muffin tin there and make ingots.
I have poured lead into empty and dry aluminum cans.
You must peel the aluminum off the can to get the lead back out.

It will not even melt the paint off the can.
I had an old Heavy Metal energy drink can and filled it with lead it weighed 23 lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom