44 Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have this 629 now.
View attachment 39367

I ordered this yesterday. S&W Model 69 L-Frame .44 Mag. I will let you know how it works out.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827559_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

That don't seem bad, but why would they put it on an L frame? Now 44Special in an L frame is good but 44Magnum?
Well once you've shot it, let me know whatcha think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here it is ...

SW 629.jpg

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No lock. It was a gift from my brother when I graduated college in 1980. Hard to see but the barrel is "pinned" which is something S&W quit doing in the early 80's (?) to save money. As well, the cylinder holes are recessed which again is something that S&W stopped doing to cut production costs. Since I have never shot a 4" 44 mag without porting, I could not tell you if it helps or not. My guess is that it does and that it increases the decibel level too. What makes this gun so special is the action job that MagNaPort did. Exceptionally smooth. I have yet to handle any S&W with an action like this.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No lock. It was a gift from my brother when I graduated college in 1980. Hard to see but the barrel is "pinned" which is something S&W quit doing in the early 80's (?) to save money. As well, the cylinder holes are recessed which again is something that S&W stopped doing to cut production costs. Since I have never shot a 4" 44 mag without porting, I could not tell you if it helps or not. My guess is that it does and that it increases the decibel level too. What makes this gun so special is the action job that MagNaPort did. Exceptionally smooth. I have yet to handle any S&W with an action like this.

Classic, pristine. Almost one of a kind...

Latest posts

Top Bottom