44 Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My m57 41 mag has similar porting it's a 4" after seeing carm16 model 29 6" I think I need a 6" n frame of sorts super classic

Sent via message in a bottle

Is 41 mag fun to shoot? I heard it's like a mule in your hands. I've heard a lot about the caliber I've just never had any experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a S&W 329 more than a few years ago; the previous owner had the receipt in the box; little shy of $1000 after tax -- beautiful handgun, it came with 2 grips; shot full load .44 magnum loads with the Herrett wood grips; 25.1 ounce firearm, kicked like a mule -- Like my Desert Eagle a lot more!

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first handgun after I joined the USAF was a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Mag in 7.5 inch with an Aimpoint red dot scope that helped to tame the recoil a bit. That was the sweetest rig I ever owned and had the displeasure of losing when I was hard up for cash in my early airman days to a pawn shop. I get teary eyed every time I think about it! Someday gotta get me another one. Recoil is very pleasant if you add some weight like that to it, for me at least.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been interested in the 41 mag but never got the opportunity to shoot one. I've also heard that it packs a punch. Haven't seen any 41 mag ammo in forever except at gun shows, so I probably will let that dream die on the vine.