44 Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 44mag with 4 inch barrel kicks less than my 7.5 barrel does 44mags 001.jpg

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll probably end up getting a Ruger since they can take the abuse of the 44 Magnum.
I'd love to get a Smith though, I might end up getting the 629.
I don't really mind the lock on the side, it's not a big deal to me, it just looks ugly. I could just disconnect it.
There's one 44 Magnum out there though that I'd love to have and that's a Desert Eagle in 44 Magnum! :hyper:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W will easily handle .44 magnum amm all day long, they just aren't designed to handle the ammo that is made even stronger. You wouldn't have any problems with the S&W 29 or 629 with full power .44 magnum ammo but if you want to shoot the stuff that is pushed to maximum power from Buffalo Bore, Corbon and such you'll have to go with the Ruger. Very few .44 magnum shooters ever shoot that super ammo because the recoil is brutal and because standard full power .44 magnum ammo is already very powerful.

You won't go wrong with either!

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you reload they can kick less than 357's. Of course my Keith loads have some punch to them!

I prefer Smiths but I also have Rugers. Both and nice they just look different.

I also have a Freedom Arms premier but those will set you back around $1600.

Skip the DE 44mag. They are more of a novelty and everyone I shot were jamomatics.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
good to see all the .44 mag love in this day of itty bitty pocket pistols and plastic fantastic...I own them too, but have shot the hell out of solid steel revolvers for far longer. And a box of 50 rounds of .44 has a tendency to last a tad bit longer with me than in a glock 9mm.

Alexander has had a lot of time shooting .44 Special, and wants to move up, so we will probably be looking into getting a .44 Magnum. I've had some in the past, and got rid of all, so I'll be looking into getting a SW 29, or 629.

Latest posts

Top Bottom