44 Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The S&W will easily handle .44 magnum amm all day long, they just aren't designed to handle the ammo that is made even stronger. You wouldn't have any problems with the S&W 29 or 629 with full power .44 magnum ammo but if you want to shoot the stuff that is pushed to maximum power from Buffalo Bore, Corbon and such you'll have to go with the Ruger. Very few .44 magnum shooters ever shoot that super ammo because the recoil is brutal and because standard full power .44 magnum ammo is already very powerful.

You won't go wrong with either!

If you say so, but one of my older 629's has been eating my handloads since the early 90s, but it did go back to Smith for it's second barrel after the first 8,000 rounds (1997). Get a PRE-LOCK S&W 29 or 629 and enjoy it.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson 629 Mountain Gun, PRE-LOCK, and forget the others (I've had two 629 Mountain Guns, still have one).

And yes, I have spent time shooting various Ruger 44mags, and the Colt Anaconda.

IMO, prefer the Colt to any of the Rugers, but a good PRE-LOCK 629 is as good as it gets............unless you can find/get a Freedom Arms revolver in 44RemMag.

I completely forgot about the Colt Anaconda. I would love to get my hands on one of those but it cost a pretty penny I bet.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger's better than Colt. Colt hasn't come up with a new idea in a while as it applies to revolvers. Had a good thing with the Anaconda, and let it go out of production. Yes, let it go out of production. What did Taurus do? Tweeked up the Anaconda and called it the Raging Bull.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite revolvers. In my old age I've gotten a little weeniefied. Shoot mostly "Skeeter load" 44 specials now days.

(see Preacherman--I've still got it)

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UltraLite titanium .44 Magnum.

i.imgur.com_PltBOhD.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is that? A 3 shot revolver!?
Ahahahahahahaha! I'm just messin' with ya'.
Is it any good, I'm not sayin' it's bad but it's made by Taurus and we know how skeptical everyone is of 'em.

I honestly can only say that I like what I see, but that I haven't shot it yet; I picked up this afternoon from the gunshop. I'd ordered it through Bud's. I plan on shooting it tomorrow, and I'll come back to this thread with some pics, and tell you if it's a winner or a loser.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The UltraLite is substantially beefier than my Bulldog. And none of my Bulldog's holsters will accommodate it, so I ordered a pancake for the UltraLite via Kramer Gun Leather this afternoon.

i.imgur.com_BbMqGF1.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom