44 Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If judging a book by its cover is a crime, then I am guilty. Everything about the UL is stout, and overbuilt. The rear sight notch is deeply set, and while I prefer tritium to fiber optics, I'm willing to give this one the benefit of a doubt.

i.imgur.com_afqvwRt.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_LwaQFyM.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you shot it yet?

No. Not yet. I'm about to, though. I'm fixing to get the target set up. Going to take pics. Will be a simple test run of the UL; going to skip .44 Special altogether and run with Magnums. Going to put six through the tube double action, as fast as I can, one handed. Point blank range.

marshrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. I miss that gun, the caliber in general, so any of you who are getting rid of that wheel gun with the stout recoil, please keep me in mind.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot it. Put 18 rounds through it double action, one handed, fast as I could. Got pics.

Was it fun to shoot? Anything mess up or something like that?
I do like Taurus revolver and the way they did the lock, that's how it oughta' be done IMHO.
Yeah, I do tend to complain about the locks on all the revolvers out there because who honestly needs to have a lock on a revolver when you already have a 12lbs to say 16lbs trigger pull.
I don't mind the lock, on Smiths it can be disconnected, I just wish Taurus would step up on the quality of their revolvers because they got the lock right.
If S&W were to take that lock design and put it on their revolvers, then I would buy them and not have to disconnect them.
Besides, I'm probably only gonna' have 1 to 2 Smiths with the lock on it anyways. Model 627 and 629.
The 627 for competition and the 629, well, so I can stop my "big bore fever".
It's a terrible sickness everyone, stay safe.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If judging a book by its cover is a crime, then I am guilty. Everything about the UL is stout, and overbuilt. The rear sight notch is deeply set, and while I prefer tritium to fiber optics, I'm willing to give this one the benefit of a doubt.

i.imgur.com_afqvwRt.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_LwaQFyM.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Are there like, 2 cylinder releases on that or something? It looks like it has a Colt cylinder release and then whatever that is in front of the cylinder.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there like, 2 cylinder releases on that or something? It looks like it has a Colt cylinder release and then whatever that is in front of the cylinder.

Yes. Double cylinder release endemic to all the Raging Bulls. Ensures tight lockup during 52,000+ psi detonations. I can't speak for any of the Taurus lineup except the Raging Bull series. I won't say anything positive or negative about Taurus except when it comes to the Raging Bulls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom