45 acp OD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvmorris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reloading some 45 acp. What is the normal outside diameter of your bullets. The ranier ballistic bullets that I purchased are .452 and I have a hard time with them completely loading. The factory rounds that I shoot are .451 and they shoot great. I also am shooting a Kahr tp 45, my buddies glock shoots the reloads fine. The Kahr on the other hand??? Should I buy 451's. Thanks

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Loading in the cases or in the gun?

Most lead bullets run a thousandth oversize compared to jacketed bullets, so that shouldn't be a problem unless you have a really *really* tight chamber. My .45 1911 shoots .452 lead 230 round nose reloads just fine.

It'll be interesting to hear the conclusion to this. I think I'll also check the OD on my plated .38 spl bullets too, see if they're .357 or .358.

jvmorris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem loading in the gun(kahr). Thanks for the tip on the lead bullets I was thinking about taking them back. I am shooting 5.2 grains of bullseye with a 230 grain rainer. I am thinking the chamber on the Kahr is really tight. thats the only thing I can think of that would cause it to load in the glock but not the kahr.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the shells are just not seating all the way into the chamber you might try seating them just a little deeper. I shoot a 1911 and when I change set ups I take the barrel out and set my bullet seater so that the round will go all the way into the chamber and the bullet is just shy of touching the rifling

Latest posts

Top Bottom