$450 Mosin 91/30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what a fair price would be for that.
PREFACE -- The following is NOT intended to either play up or talk down about the item. I'm not a big collector and don't always know what I'm talking about (but this is the internet, so here goes).

Looking at the pictures on the auction site--
(1) The metalwork on the rifle shows made in 1939; rifle is stamped with SA inside a box; also has a letter D and the letters LR stamped on top; serial # starts with LR; the last few digits **APPEAR** to match on bolt, magazine floor plate and butt plate -- some numbers hard for me to read.
(2) Right side of stock shows a cartouche (spelling?) -- some kind of a double circle, with (maybe) the letter R in the middle.

I believe the letters SA inside box indicates use by Finland. Other than that, I got nothin'.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know what a fair price would be for that.
PREFACE -- The following is NOT intended to either play up or talk down about the item. I'm not a big collector and don't always know what I'm talking about (but this is the internet, so here goes).

Looking at the pictures on the auction site--
(1) The metalwork on the rifle shows made in 1939; rifle is stamped with SA inside a box; also has a letter D and the letters LR stamped on top; serial # starts with LR; the last few digits **APPEAR** to match on bolt, magazine floor plate and butt plate -- some numbers hard for me to read.
(2) Right side of stock shows a cartouche (spelling?) -- some kind of a double circle, with (maybe) the letter R in the middle.

I believe the letters SA inside box indicates use by Finland. Other than that, I got nothin'.

I missed the "SA". I believe you are right about it being a Finnish mark. That might explain the higher price as I know they are generally more desirable.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rifle is definitely a Finn capture...pretty much on the mark for a Finned 91/30. I think the last one that I sold a couple years ago brought $375 plus shipping. It was a little nicer rifle though.

Finn Winter War Capture 91/30 (1929 Izhevsk) https://imgur.com/a/BFZvR

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do 2 for $900. :D

I need to look at the marks on mine and find out what all of them mean.

Just curious, why are Finnish captures considered more desirable and worth more money?
I’ll take 2 for 900 Alex.....lol

I don’t know what all the markings mean either they have 4 to 6 marks beside the hammer and sickle omen each one. I remember the hex receiver being worthy more than the smooth but that’s all I recall.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'll do 2 for $900. :D

I need to look at the marks on mine and find out what all of them mean.

Just curious, why are Finnish captures considered more desirable and worth more money?
That one hasn’t been rebarreled. It has gone through the Finnish arsenal though. The Finn m39’s were rebarreled with Sako and Tikka barrels and they are usually damn good shooters

Latest posts

Top Bottom