50 BMG M17 Tracer.. load data?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any load data for the 50BMG M17 Tracer Using WC857... I'm out of 5010 but ended up with about 50lbs of the WC857. Hoping to find someone willing to share the load data. Even if you don't want to post publicly, if you could send me a private message.
Thanks guys!

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,,, I guess know one had any data on hand so I worked up a load and shot it through the OEHLER 35P and found a velocity I liked. Couldn't get more than 25% to light up though.. I loaded up about 5 "hot" loads and tested and still no better than about 25% light up. Talked with Jeff Bartlett at Bartlett reloaders and he said he has had multiple people tell him they are only getting about 25% to light up with the WC857... I'm going to test it with WC859... I've heard of people "scoring" the bottom of the Tracer bullet in order to achieve a higher "light Up" percentage... has anyone done this or have an idea how much "scoring" needs to occur to at least get to 80% light up.. or does it even work??

Latest posts

Top Bottom