50bmg sizing die for loaded ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmym40a2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bunch of loaded ammo that fit the chamber of my AR50 and I sold it to get the barrel conversion for my Cheytac m200. The chamber is slightly different and the rounds are super tight in my new chamber. I needed to bump the shoulder a thousands or so to get it to feed correctly. The only problem is you usually have to pull the bullet-take the primer punch out of the die then neck size and reset the bullet. That might be fine for 20 rounds or less but I have over a thousand rounds to do. So I bought a resizing die took out the middle assembly.
Now the problem is you need to widen the neck area on a hardened die. (tooling will just bounce off in the lathe) The only way is to edm wire it out. I didn't want to spend another 150 bucks on this die. My friend in his machine shop said you can sand it out by wrapping some emery cloth around a metal rod but that it might take a while.(chucked up in the lathe) Well an hour and a half later it was opened up enough to run fully loaded ammo thru (not touching the neck) and and bump the shoulder/body enough to get it in spec. It's going to save me a ton of time. It's safe to do there is not a way for the primer to ignite. it worked great.
ai1019.photobucket.com_albums_af311_jimmym40a3_50die1.jpg

with ammo in it
ai1019.photobucket.com_albums_af311_jimmym40a3_50die2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom