5k Run n Gun May 30 - ALex, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Unofficial" results are posted at alexarms.com

Still can't figure out what in the f*ck is going on with their spreadsheet. Has the scores for the last rifle station twice and no accounting for the dull ass tomahawk station plus since they just let people write whatever names on the cards they wanted I know 3 issues on the results where names are wrong or switched. Their percentage scale is severely dicked up.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a spreadsheet that has all of the ranks by events and raw data provided in the linked spread sheet. I have renamed the events for my ease and to save space on the sheet/screenshot :
Run, S1 (Pistol/Barret), S2 (Pistol/Rifle), S3 (Tired Rifle), Shooting Total (with Bonus for Barrett and Tomahawk), Overall Score.

I attributed 25% of the overall score to each major event (Run, S1, S2, S3) accounting for the shooting as one value with bonus included:
Run*25% + (S1+S2+S3-Bonus)*75 = Overall Score

I fixed the names and scores of the competitors I knew were wrong after verifying pictures they took of their score cards which is why there is only one person with a bonus for the tomahawk. Also of note is Brent Kroeker's score on S3 of 11:63 seconds (highlighted in RED).

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_06_02_12bc4836cdd71031a4f14cb428ba69a3.jpg

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you use the same formula pawnee uses, then he got the final order pretty much right. Amazing, considering how confusing his spreadsheet is.. The barrett and tomahawk got fouled up so that's hard to factor in. Data entry mistakes are another issue, but the formula is sound.

Follow me here...

First of all, everything is based on percentage and that is your "score", I.e. if you finished 5th then you got a 92 percent (44/48).

Second, take all 3 of your shooting stage percentages (throw out the redundant tired rifle stage) and divide by 3 to get your shooting score average.

Finally, Add your run score number to your shooting average number, divide by two and that's your TOTAL score.

At any rate, it was a good warm-up for Pawnee and showed me things I need to work on. Now its time to focus on July!

StovePipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way any person with a run time close to two hours should be listed in the top 10. If you are going to compare run times with shooting times then you need to make the two products the same units. You can change the run time from minutes to seconds and then add the shoot time, then use your formula. Or change the shoot time to minutes, then apply the formula to get accurate results. This would keep a person who finished 28th in the run and 1st in the shoot from beating someone who finished 2nd in run and 3rd in shoot. I do appreciate the effort that you put in on your version of the spreadsheet though.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was the run score and shooting score not weighted 50% each?

You are correct. Weighted it 25/75. Was going to fix it but they released their new results sheet where they somehow added 21 minutes to my actual run time and 5 people DQ'd 2 of 3 shooting stations but still finished as high as 17 so I said f*ck it, done with this goat rope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom