5k Run n Gun May 30 - ALex, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was not a group with a high shooting IQ. And they were lucky there was nothing past 25 yards or it would of been ugly. Lot of first timers, which in the end is all good. There were a few shooters there, but it was the exception. Just my observation, not ragging on anybody.

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what happened but I shouldn't have gotten a dq on stage 3 (little rifle targets). Pretty sure I got all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what happened but I shouldn't have gotten a dq on stage 3 (little rifle targets). Pretty sure I got all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ran out of time. I remember you coming through. The problem with the shot timers is they only show time when they hear the shot. Over 180 seconds was a DQ, several got their last hit at 182, 185, etc...

I like the stopwatch method better, 'cause you can call time before the shooter wastes any more time and ammo.

The Pawnee Run N Gun will look different than this.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ran out of time. I remember you coming through. The problem with the shot timers is they only show time when they hear the shot. Over 180 seconds was a DQ, several got their last hit at 182, 185, etc...

I like the stopwatch method better, 'cause you can call time before the shooter wastes any more time and ammo.

The Pawnee Run N Gun will look different than this.

I thought you were on Station 2?!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, Dan was doing the pistol/.50 BMG. (Stage 2)

I was doing Stage 3.

We ran people opposite of that because of delay from .50 BMG target failure. (they started backing up, I ran them to my side)

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, Dan was doing the pistol/.50 BMG. (Stage 2)

I was doing Stage 3.

We ran people opposite of that because of delay from .50 BMG target failure. (they started backing up, I ran them to my side)

I don't think most people were counting the DAF Tomahawk throw or the Barrett bonuses as stages or at least I wasn't. Since Mr. G DQ'd both a rifle/pistol and a rifle stage and only mentioned small rifle targets, I assumed he was talking about that the stage Dale RO'd. Either way I agree that the stopwatch is a better method and that this one was setup more like a 3 gun match as far as scoring and target distances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom