5k Run n Gun May 30 - ALex, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta .40 px4 storm which performed flawlessly. The majority of the pistol targets were 25-35 yards out which gave alot of guys trouble but ive been practicing at 25 regularly so I did good there.

My ar15 is a cheap build and while ive never had problems with it before it jammed THREE times on the last stage where you had to shoot through tractor tires. I got a bonus for sticking the tomahack throw and my run went well so id been setting pretty had it not been for the last stage. I too left early so I have no idea what the final standings look like.

Ill try to post some pics and video later.

The pistol shots kicked my ass. Took way too long there. I was not planning on shooting that far. I wish the rifle had been a little more challenging.

Did you hit with the 50??

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I got the 50, boy that thing had a nice trigger, I just got on the target and started my shot and BAM, immediately thought oh crap then I heard it hit the gong. Got lucky.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys looked like you were having a blast! I was the guy in the black jeep (see avatar) with my wife and daughter in tow. Here's my ugly mug talking to that mean ol' RO :D
uploadfromtaptalk1433034838121.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was fun. This is the last one I will run with a scope with external adjustments. I got them moved around while running and it cost me a lot of time on 2 stages. Going back to Mildot or one with internal marked bullet drop. Covered turrets from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a vortex 1-4 with capped turrets. Wish I had taken my other rifle with the aimpoint for the distances we shot. Would have been a little lighter.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25-35ish yards and 250 with the Barrett.

The fact it was a swamp land I think hurt them on what they had planned on doing. They had to change the course a couple of times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom