6.5 Grendel Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to build a 6.5 Grendel and need some advice. I’m wanting to use it for mid to long range shooting. Does anyone have any experience with the Grendel? What do you like or dislike about it? Also, what barrel length do you think is good for a rifle like this? From other threads on here, I understand that the length of the barrel really doesn’t affect accuracy and has something to do with the burning of the powder. Right now I don’t reload but would like to start in the future. I already have a 16” AR, so I was thinking about going with a 20” on this build. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons for a barrel in this length?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was you I would give Steve Baldwin a call as he has been shooting one for a wile now, and he could build you one.
Mechanical Accruacy 405-399-2875

And I would think that reloading would be the ONLY way to go on this round.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was you I would give Steve Baldwin a call as he has been shooting one for a wile now, and he could build you one.
Mechanical Accruacy 405-399-2875

And I would think that reloading would be the ONLY way to go on this round.

Thanks for the contact info, when I get ready to build it i will definitely give him a call.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 16" and 24" bull now. I haven't had a chance to shoot the 16" or even gotten a scope, and the 24" barrel just came in today. It's a Sabre Defense 24" .936 fluted bull barrel. From what all I have read is that the 24" is the optimal for the greatest performance for long range, but if you want a hunting rifle go with a 18"-20". I wanted this for more of a bench/target plinker. I can post a pic when I get it built (hopefully tomorrow!). In the mean time here's the 16". I am changing it's barrel out and putting the 16" in a forged upper/lower set as opposed to the billet.

Attachments

• 11-12-09 004.jpg
    11-12-09 004.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Top Bottom