6.5 Grendel at 200 yds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful day today, so after church and lunch I went to the range.
Wanted to stretch the Bear Creek 24" heavy barrel upper to 200 yards. This Grendel is fun.
Switched ammo because I'd shot up the Black box hornady that did so well, with some Hornady 123 gr. ss custom. (not a fan...ha)
The gun ran flawlessly event though I never cleaned it last night (odd for me and my ocd).
Figured out that shooting a green target outside is not a good idea. Even with my spotting scope I couldn't pick up most of the hits. Got enough to get it moving and finished with the last few inside the xring.
Gren 12 2 1.jpg
Gren 12 2 2.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you shot any wolf or hornady american gunner ammo? Wolf bulk is cheap for steel cased, gunner ammo is the cheapest quality brass cased I've seen.
I'm staying with Hornady because I'm stockpiling brass to start reloading. I've got about 3 grand of 6.5 hornday creedmoor and hope to have a few hundred of the Grendel by the time my press gets in.
That means a lot of shooting...Ha.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew you mentioned before about holding on to the hornady brass - that's why I mentioned the bulk american gunner ammo :-)

The wolf is nice for plinking though!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good chooting. On the Wolf, some of the members over at the grendel site are saying that it’s 2 thousandths undersized. Meaning, you’re flinging a .262 bullet down a .264 barrel. Ok for plinking but not near good enough for accuracy.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Hornady American Gunner is very good ammo. I shoot it through a couple Grendels as well as Creedmore, 300BO and 6.8 SPC.

It groups sub MOA in both of my Grendels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom