6.5 Grendel barrel group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vazroth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more and more I read, the better I like the Idea, I would like to get in on this as well and I would like to go the the same setup as Sumoj275, but i want the 18" barrel, but Funds are kinda tight, you have a ball park figure on this yet?, Let me know a figure, and when and where to send the funds..

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AA 18" beadblasted barrel and bolt (unless otherwise specified)
1 - YukonGlocker
1 - 264Magnum
1 - bettingpython (16" beadblasted)
1 - DrBaker (maybe)
1 - kpk
1 - Scott_In_OKC
1 - paul0731
1 - EFsDad
1 - sumoj275 (with A2 hider and A3 upper receiver)
1 - ninefan (with A2 hider and A3 upper receiver)
1 - Pugsley
1 - Vazroth (with A2 hider and A3 upper receiver)

The 6.8 has performed slightly better in Gel tests. Quicker yaw and fragmentation. I still prefer the Grendel though.
Please provide links to these gel tests you refer to. I've looked at many gel tests with the 6.5 and 6.8; and I have not seen this.

The more and more I read, the better I like the Idea, I would like to get in on this as well and I would like to go the the same setup as Sumoj275, but i want the 18" barrel, but Funds are kinda tight, you have a ball park figure on this yet?, Let me know a figure, and when and where to send the funds..
A ball park figure is going to be the price on the AA website. And with the AR business the way it is right now, they may not give a discount at all. I won't know about any possible discounts until I talk to them.

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1 - YukonGlocker
1 - 264Magnum
1 - DrBaker (maybe)
1 - kpk
1 - Scott_In_OKC
1 - paul0731
1 - EFsDad
1 - Pugsley

Please provide links to these gel tests you refer to. I've looked at many gel tests with the 6.5 and 6.8; and I have not seen this.

A ball park figure is going to be the price on the AA website. And with the AR business the way it is right now, they may not give a discount at all. I won't know about any possible discounts until I talk to them.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840

A little over half way down this page there is a post from DOCGKR it compares a few of the loads. The NL on the 6.8SPC is shorter than the best producing 6.5 Grendel loads. Now these are OTM bullets or bullets that the military could use. These were the tests I was referring to, I should have been more specific when mentioning the 6.8 has performed better that I was referring to potential bullets the military would use. As I said before the difference is slight and I think the other characteristics of the Grendel outweigh the slight difference in terminal effects. If I was getting one it would be the Grendel hands down.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last call. Here is the list, unless I missed someone.
And just for clarification, those wanting the upper receivers: They are not complete uppers, nor are they assembled.

1 - YukonGlocker
1 - 264Magnum
1 - kpk
1 - Scott_In_OKC
1 - paul0731
1 - EFsDad
1 - Pugsley