6.5 Grendel barrel group buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading on this caliber I really would like to get in on it. So is Adams Arms the people we are thinking of going with? I would like a 16" or 18" with their upper receiver already installed or provided--there would not be any doubt if it is in spec...
It's Alexander Arms.
And this group buy will be just for a barrel/bolt. No complete uppers.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 - YukonGlocker
1 - 264Magnum
1 - bettingpython (16")
1 - DrBaker (maybe)
1 - kpk (haven't decided on length)
1 - Scott_In_OKC 18" w/beadblasting
1 - paul0731
1 - EFsDad

I'm in. Don't know what length but the bead blasting looks like the way to go.

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to them today and Melissa said it would be 4-6 weeks...It'd be nice if we could get them held with a deposit or something so when the 4-6 weeks are up we can get them which would be mid January. I'm affraid once it gets closer to O'bama taking control orders will come in even faster.

What do you guys think?

You know what would also be cool...to have them put osa or oklahoma shooters association on the barrel somewhere...lol

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, why not an option of the upper receiver if they are available at the time we order?
After further thought, this will probably be fine. Just add you name to the list, along with the exact upper you want. When I call, I will find out if the complete upper will be on a different time-frame than just barrels. But it will probably be fine.

I talked to them today and Melissa said it would be 4-6 weeks...It'd be nice if we could get them held with a deposit or something so when the 4-6 weeks are up we can get them which would be mid January. I'm affraid once it gets closer to O'bama taking control orders will come in even faster.

What do you guys think?

You know what would also be cool...to have them put osa or oklahoma shooters association on the barrel somewhere...lol
I've ran several group buys. I will not order until I have all the money in my hands. If we order in January, the wait may be shorter, or the wait may be longer. Honestly, I don't care what the wait is. I'm not in any hurry for this. If the demand increases for AR-15s, it will be mostly for 5.56 models, and not so much for the "odd" calibers.

And for you guys calling AA, please refrain from talking about this group buy.
I have my reasons for this...It will just hurt us in the long run.

If there isn't a specific barrel listed by your name, I will assume you want a 18" bead blasted barrel and bolt.

Cool!

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 - YukonGlocker
1 - 264Magnum
1 - bettingpython (16")
1 - DrBaker (maybe)
1 - kpk (haven't decided on length)
1 - Scott_In_OKC 18" w/beadblasting
1 - paul0731