6.5 Sweede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a sweede last week and it shoots7" too high at 50 yrds. Are they all that way for battle? Lowest setting seems to be 300 meters.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sarco has higher front sights to cure the problem.
You are right about the Battle settings (300 meters).
On my two with the higher sights, I had to file them down a bit to get sighted at 100M.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some Swede shooters on here. You should hear from them soon.

Is your's an M96, M38, M96/38, M94. or what? Many Swedes shoot high. In some cases because modern ammo is more potent that the ammo they were originally designed for. You can get taller sights which will solve the problem. Or, if you reload, you can tailor your ammo to your rifle.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think mine is a 96 but not sure of difference. Mine is straight to side bolt and safety flips right and up for safe and left for fire. Long barrel. I have seen some threaded on end but this one is smooth where threads usually are. Got it with sling, bayonet, stripper clip and a box pf military ammo.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And thanks LDA.45. I will order one from them. Would like to hunt with it so would like to be able to aim without thinking about holding low.

tbsadavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Model 96 has barrel length of approx. 29 inches. The guns are battle sighted for 300 meters. You need hold about 4 to 5 inches low at 100 yards. You need to Google up Swedish Mauser model 96 and read about the brass disc in the stock and learn what all the numbers stand for.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a M96. As LDA said, you can get taller front sights - there are several heights available - for shooting more to POA at 100 yards. However, don't put too much stock in the brass disc (no pun intended); the disc, if present, was marked at the time of the last arsenal inspection, so it may or may not accurately reflect the current condition of the rifle, decades after the inspection. Or it could have been a replacement installed by a private owner long after the rifle left Army service. All this aside, I'm sure you've noticed what a fine shootin' iron those M96s are :)

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It does seem to be a fine shooter and the trigger on it is pretty good too. The pawn shop owner I got it from showed me the disc and explained what it meant. The rifling looks strong and good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom