6.5 Sweede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the tallest sight they got - like 6 or 7.5mm ... it will shoot low, but you can file the sigh down for perfect 100y zero.
Sight adjuster for windage is very nice too.

Yeah...I forgot about the sight pusher...GET ONE!!....both of mine were VERY tight and I was lucky enough to have one.
It will save you from very choice word's.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When you install the taller sight, set your elevation on like 5 which I beiieve is mid way on the scale. Fire a few shots which should be high. Take a small file and slowly remove material (a few passes) then refire a couple of shots, they should be lowering. Continue until your in the middle of the target.

I shoot all my iron sight gun (rifles, pistols and autos) with a six o'clock hold, it is much easier to see the white on the bottom of the bull with the black line of the sight. I think you will fine that most of the military bolt shooters use this type of hold. Look it up on google and it will explain it to you perfectly.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You can get a sight pusher off ebay fairly cheap. The taller front sight is a must and I would recommend that you use a six o'clock hold and not a center hold. If you use a six o'clock hold you will see the target the best and get better results. Take it easy on the file, shoot your rifle off a front and a rear rest. Are you a member of the OKC gun club? If not, you could hook up with me and I could help you get the gun sighted in properly. Are you planning on reloading your own ammunition. The factory ammo is just not as accurate than the reloads and most of us use Sierra Match King 120 grain boat tail hollow points with 44 grains of 4350 powder. That really works the best. It makes it a tack driver. PM me if you need more information. There has already been some good stuff given to you already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom