7/13 - Man it was hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma summers suck. I keep Gatorade or similar sports drink iced in my camelback on days like this.

This heat wave reminds me of the one we experienced the week of the PGA golf tournament a couple of years ago at Southern Hills. Worked that tourney for six miserable days. Ugh.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the farm today to see how bad the weeds were in the wheat field that was flooded this spring.... Went right to the elevator and contracted them to spray it. It was out of control with all the weeds the flood waters brought in.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where in the world have you found any decent visibility??????:scratch:

Have you had any luck?

I'm dying to sling some steel!!!!:cry3:

Because of the poor viz... I switched to the pole spear.
I have been going to tenkiller. It has about 5' to 10' viz. more if you go deeper but not many fish below thermo.
My dive buddy and I have been using paralyzer tips and just slaying the trash fish. Also believe it or not.... July 4th weekend, I found 10" viz at Eufuala Lake.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just got back from Louisiana , I spent a week down there repairing 3 big Cat diesels on an oil rig. Temperatures in the gen houses were around 120+ by noon and the humidity was off the chart. Staying hydrated in these conditions is impossible water and Gatoraide wont keep you going. Try it and you will be cramping and your head will pound like a jackhammer convention and you will most likely wake up with an IV stuck in your arm. You need Potassium and Sodium so go ahead drink the gator juice and make sure to wash it down with water take lots of breaks and eat bananas and something like Spam or Viennies. It works trust me I work out in the heat 15 - 17 hour a day every day. Keep some Pedialite on hand for emergencies the grape tastes the best the orange is nasty stuff. It also helps to start the day with a good country breakfast the heat will drain you faster on an empty stomach.

Pat

Latest posts

Top Bottom