870 Police Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question. One of my Remington shotguns is an 870 Police Magnum, parkerized with factory installed shell extension and wood furniture. Just saw a couple of these on Gunbroker and it looks like the price has gone crazy high. Is this true and it worth way more than before? I bought it new many years ago and have not shot it. Wonder if I'm sitting on a gold mine. I'm 73 and way too old to shoot it now.
Thanks,
ARG

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you feel like going the extra mile of boxing and shipping through and to an ffl, there’s some money to be made on GB if you have stuff to move. Find an ffl that will pack and ship for you at a reasonable price and sell away!

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't want to do any of that. I would just sell it here to another OSA member if I wanted to sell it. It's still new in the box.

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some guns and sold them off(I know, I know its hard to believe). What I did for fair market Oklahoma value is, went to sold items, found one's in like condition, then found the cheapest one, and then subtract $100 for the price.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a ten year old version of the Rem 870 Police Magnum, black synthetic stock. I upgraded the butt stock to a Knox Recoil Reducing Pistol Grip and a Streamlight forend. Base shotgun cost a little over $400. Very pleased with it. Everyone ought to own one I think.