9mm .40 .45 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone that has problems with recoil on a 45 acp especially two handed really needs to work on gun control. Put 185 JHPs in it and stop shooting 230 grain bullets.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that has problems with recoil on a 45 acp especially two handed really needs to work on gun control. Put 185 JHPs in it and stop shooting 230 grain bullets.

I think that's a bit too broad of a statement, particularly when you consider the frame size of many .45ACP platforms.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest round you are proficient with under EXTREME pressure. 9mm, 40 S&W, or .45 ACP. Doesn't matter. If you can get past the tunnel vision effect, focus on the front sight, and connect with the target REPEATEDLY (until the target is done) is all that matters. I was involved in a shooting several years ago that involved all three calibers mentioned. The .45 missed completely, and the 9mm and 40's finished the action. It is a long story, but all four of us are/were CLEET graduates (pretty good instructors at the time) and out of 11 rounds fired, about half missed. The perpetrator was standing still, sort of a "suicide by cop." No one fired only one round. Was there damage to property? Yep, but thankfully no civilians were harmed. Go with what your really good with. Then practice some more.

joesnipes7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
all three will do the job,i have all three and depending on where i'm going/doing/wearing kinda decides what i carry,yes i practice with all three and you should see my range bill, but i love to shoot so i suffer and love it although my spouse disagrees lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom