9mm carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my MechTech in the mail last week. I bought it from Survival Outfitters, who offer a threading service at a decent price. I had to email them and request 1/2x28 threads, and that cost me $20 in machine time since they usually thread 5/8x24, but that was much easier than getting it and finding a local who can do it.

View attachment 47460

It looks like a Star Wars blaster or something.

How do you like you mechtech?

Are you glad you purchased it?

Anything you do not like?

Anything features you wish you would have purchased?

Thanks,

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like you mechtech?

I haven't put any rounds through it yet, nor do I have a can to see how it shoots suppressed. I'll post in this thread once I do.

Are you glad you purchased it?

I originally decided to get one to let smaller (Read: female) people shoot since it's easy to control and handle, and has little recoil. It would make a great HD gun for a young woman, particularly because it maximizes the usability without a lot of recoil. It may end up being too much fun to relegate to a utility role, 33rnd magazines are fun.

Anything you do not like?

It's heavier than I expected.

Anything features you wish you would have purchased?

I got the telescoping stock, but in hindsight I think the M4 stock adapter would have been lighter, and I have plenty of buffer tubes and stocks around (plus more options).
I didn't get the full quad rail because I figured it'd be heavy and I don't think I need the extra rails or a foregrip because of the way I have it set up with a light at 12 o'clock, you may decide you want more real estate.
Sling mounting options are limited for me, but if you get the M4 stock you can use standard AR endplates.
Also, I'm still looking for a standalone Glock frame to dedicate to this gun, and would like to put a nice trigger in it so I don't have that "Safe Action" trigger pull on a rifle.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know where there's a Marlin Camp 9 in southern Oklahoma if anyone's interested. It's $600, I'm sure it could be had for somewhat less. Looks to be in relatively good, used condition. Barrel is threaded.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stag 9T, Stag 9T, Stag 9T.... The receivers were probably all seized last week in the ATF raid.... Sigh.

Could get behind the MPX, but sounds like they're having some teething issues.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2381.JPG IMG_2382.JPG IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2384.JPG

This is my 9mm Marlin camp rifle. Love this little gun. Because it is 9mm my indoor range lets me shoot it there in the winter. When the model 92 9mm goes out for some fun this goes with it.