9mm carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since I sold my Marlin Camp 9, I've been wanting another 9mm carbine. I've worked hard to convince myself that I really have a need for one; self-defense, shtf, or some such. Truth is, they're not really a first choice for anything; can't hunt with them. I'd really hate to get in a shootout using one over 75 yards.

Nevertheless, I still want one. Just for the fun of it. I may wind up with a HiPoint for giggles.

They are fun to shoot. As I recall, they used magazines for the S&W model 59 series.

kahrk-9

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love an AR in 9mm (ideally one that takes glock mags) as I can pump out reloads cheap and I already have the glock mags and I am familiar with the platform. I had a Mechtech for the glock 17 and wish I still did (sold it).

akatom2u

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love an AR in 9mm (ideally one that takes glock mags) as I can pump out reloads cheap and I already have the glock mags and I am familiar with the platform. I had a Mechtech for the glock 17 and wish I still did (sold it).
Wow, that mechtech looks like an awsome addition to a collection! My first AR carbine though will be a dedicated rifle. Thanks for showing me the mechtech, realy neat!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of the Ruger PC-9's and traded it off about a year later. One of those things I wish I could go back and undo. That thing shot like a .22.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I look at pistol cal carbines every once in a while, and drool. But then I start thinking about it, and they really only make sense as an SBR in a CQB role. Since 9mm doesn't inherently penetrate less than 5.56, its biggest advantages are easier noise suppression, and common ammo to handguns. For me, I'd prefer one in a format with matching mags to my carry gun.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I look at pistol cal carbines every once in a while, and drool. But then I start thinking about it, and they really only make sense as an SBR in a CQB role. Since 9mm doesn't inherently penetrate less than 5.56, its biggest advantages are easier noise suppression, and common ammo to handguns. For me, I'd prefer one in a format with matching mags to my carry gun.

Hmmm, sound reasoning.
You'll probably have to add HiPoint to your list , I dont see it on there...8)

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up getting IWI's 9mm kit for the Tavor. Found a good deal online, and decided to jump on it. Should be arriving next week.
And now I read where it is rumored that IWI is making a 9mm Tavor....darn my luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom