9mm for small hands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter @ 5.2" and 100 pounds loves shooting my Ruger Mark II. But my Glocks 17, 19 give her trouble. She gets lots of malfunctions. She has a hard time getting a good grip on the Glocks. I am going to keep working with her on the Glocks but looking for something else for her to try. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A single stack compact 9 should have a smaller grip circumference I would imagine. Ive never handled the Glock single stacks, but my EMP is pretty darn small hand friendly.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shield EZ or the new Shield Plus come to mind. Small, but recoil is pretty low considering their size compared to the P365/Hellcat etc.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shield is good for small hands but is unforgiving of limp wristing. My wife gets FTEs when she does. Pretty much any single stack 9 should be good, but we found what my wife likes by trying different guns (rentals) until she was happy.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter @ 5.2" and 100 pounds loves shooting my Ruger Mark II. But my Glocks 17, 19 give her trouble. She gets lots of malfunctions. She has a hard time getting a good grip on the Glocks. I am going to keep working with her on the Glocks but looking for something else for her to try. Any suggestions?

I helped a friend’s wife that was struggling with his Glock 17 and 19. She was just und 5’ and likely weighed less. He wanted to keep her in a full size or compact (good move in my opinion). A M&P 9 with the small backstrap worked wonders. I ended up taking the backstrap out and replacing it with skateboard tape and it was even better. A 4” 2.0 compact would also work well. 1.0 compact not so much.

I would not put her in anything smaller than a Glock 48, or maybe a 43X.

Shield, 365, 43, Kimber micro, sig 938 are all too small for inexperienced shooter. I see too many coming to the classes in the hands of women. It rarely works out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom