A ??? for the cocked & locked aficionados...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 mag is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a 47d in my Kimber Pro without a magwell

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_977dd995.jpg

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry and use both. They both work well and function flawlessly. No problem with "loss of spring tension."
One of each is on my duty belt right now and a Wilson in the gun. I keep these loaded constantly and shoot them at least weekly.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I called and talked to one of the smittys at Wilson Combat today.

He tells me that the 8 and 7 round mags will BOTH protrude from the mag well just a touch, showing a little of the tube, but the 7 rounders will seat easily where as the 8 rounders require a firm hand to seat 'em in the pistol.

So I think I'll go with the 7 round model 47 mags. :D

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

He tells me that the 8 and 7 round mags will BOTH protrude from the mag well just a touch, showing a little of the tube, but the 7 rounders will seat easily where as the 8 rounders require a firm hand to seat 'em in the pistol.

Good choice. You won't regret it. And if you do just sell them to me on the cheep. :D

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

See what happens when you don't listen to us. :smack: :smack: :smack:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See what happens when you don't listen to us. :smack: :smack: :smack:

I know, I know... :rolleyes2

I also ordered a Commander length guide rod (short/GI style) as well as a Commander length plug.

Here's another ???

Since I'll be trading out the guide rods and plugs, should I trade out the recoil spring as well? If so, what pound spring should I use? I don't even know what the factory spring is. :anyone:

This plug and GR should just "drop in" shouldn't they? Surely something as simple as a rod and plug won't need fitted...ya think? :ugh2:

I also ordered a Galco "Triton" Kydex IWB holster and a Fobus paddle single mag carrier.

Fobus holsters are **** but I think their mag pouches are outstanding. Perfect tension on the mag and they ride nice and tight up against the hip. Most mag pouches I've encountered seem to cause the magazine to tip out and away from me because of my girth. Yeah, I know. :teehee: But the Fobus mag carriers snug up nice and tight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom