A ??? for the cocked & locked aficionados...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 mag is best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know, I know... :rolleyes2

I also ordered a Commander length guide rod (short/GI style) as well as a Commander length plug.

Here's another ???

Since I'll be trading out the guide rods and plugs, should I trade out the recoil spring as well? If so, what pound spring should I use? I don't even know what the factory spring is. :anyone:

This plug and GR should just "drop in" shouldn't they? Surely something as simple as a rod and plug won't need fitted...ya think? :ugh2:

I also ordered a Galco "Triton" Kydex IWB holster and a Fobus paddle single mag carrier.

Fobus holsters are **** but I think their mag pouches are outstanding. Perfect tension on the mag and they ride nice and tight up against the hip. Most mag pouches I've encountered seem to cause the magazine to tip out and away from me because of my girth. Yeah, I know. :teehee: But the Fobus mag carriers snug up nice and tight.

Shouldn't be any problems, and don't start sweating over spring weights.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What ever happened to:
Open the box, clean it, lube it, load it and shoot it.
Then decide what you want to change?

The rod and plug are all I'm changing. I've never cared for a FLGR on a 1911. I think they are worthless unless you're gonna run a comp.

And the demise of the .45 is the magazine. It's the pistol's very heart and soul. With a POS mag, you're gonna be clearing farts all day. With a good mag, you'll spend your time shooting, not clearing.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also...as some of you might have noticed from the pics I posted, this little .45 has a little "experience" with it. Would one of these work well on the scandium/alloy frame to cover up the saddle wear?

awww.brownells.com_userdocs_products_l_167004180_1.jpg

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also...as some of you might have noticed from the pics I posted, this little .45 has a little "experience" with it. Would one of these work well on the scandium/alloy frame to cover up the saddle wear?

awww.brownells.com_userdocs_products_l_167004180_1.jpg

Ahh... just shoot it for a bit, then when you decide you love it, take it to Yeller or Honeybee for a refinish. :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh... just shoot it for a bit, then when you decide you love it, take it to Yeller or Honeybee for a refinish. :)

Nah! I'm not one to refinish a pistol. I just thought I'd buy one of those neat little pens and touch up a mark here and there. Like that big ol' "idiot scratch" you so kindly pointed out. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom