A good piece by Charles Krauthammer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish all of those fools calling for a AWB would read this.

Within hours of last week’s Newtown, Conn., massacre, the focus was the weapon and the demand was for new gun laws. Several prominent pro-gun Democrats remorsefully professed new openness to gun control. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) is introducing a new assault weapons ban. And the president emphasized guns and ammo above all else in announcing the creation of a new task force.

I have no problem in principle with gun control. Congress enacted (and I supported) an assault weapons ban in 1994. The problem was: It didn’t work. (So concluded a University of Pennsylvania study commissioned by the Justice Department.)

Full piece here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...d99594-4ae3-11e2-b709-667035ff9029_story.html

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It didn't work because they weren't extreme and draconian enough. If only they can go to DC and pass a law that is doubly extreme and doubly draconian, then they will "return from DC with peace for our time."

Latest posts

Top Bottom