A gun breaks apart when fired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid (here I go again) I had a shotgun with no firing pin. I was poor and had no means of buying a firing pin but took apart my bicycle and mad a pin with the front axle. I would always test fire the old guns by tying them to a sawhorse and pulling a string while hiding behind a tree or building. My friend says, I'll fire it and he did and the home made pin flew out somewhere because it didn't have anything holing it in the gun. It would always, without fail-punch out the cap of the shotguns shell and I wouldn't shoot it on a bet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid (here I go again) I had a shotgun with no firing pin. I was poor and had no means of buying a firing pin but took apart my bicycle and mad a pin with the front axle. I would always test fire the old guns by tying them to a sawhorse and pulling a string while hiding behind a tree or building. My friend says, I'll fire it and he did and the home made pin flew out somewhere because it didn't have anything holing it in the gun. It would always, without fail-punch out the cap of the shotguns shell and I wouldn't shoot it on a bet.
Is this swamprat in a different Nom de Plume? :bolt:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Since you were both probably too young, did he ask you to hold his Root Beer/Coke/Pepsi? :scratch: :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom