A new flock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
49 chicks hatched Sun-Mon so we'll see how the 2nd gen of meaties perform.. Providing feed doesn't hit $100 a bag in the next 8-10 weeks.. In the brooder at present and should be ready to move into the tractors by mid April..
♫ There is food around the corner... food around the corner... ♫

Good to see ya postin' Tim. Missed you around here. :thumb:
:drunk2:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
♫ There is food around the corner... food around the corner... ♫

Good to see ya postin' Tim. Missed you around here. :thumb:
:drunk2:
Very busy Mac, If ya get bored come see me.. T
20210327_094259.jpg
20210327_081816.jpg
he 49 chicks we hatched.. The apple cider with mother that we use in the chicks water is a savior, our chick rearing rarely suffers any loss and I credit it to the water additive.. Week old today and doing well..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2nd gen of the broiler birds weighed an average of 8.4 ozs @18 days, they went from the brooder to the tractor this morning.. We'll be in hopes of them making weight come the 1st half of June..
20210409_105758.jpg
20210409_105507.jpg
20210409_105639.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Timmy59 I find myself in a bit of a predicament. Remember those Welsh Harlequin ducks I was so proud of snagging last year?? Well ... Yeah ... About "those" ducks ...

I have 5 hens sitting on 5 nests. As best I can count, well over 25 eggs in each nest. :ooh2: Ok, all these girls are first-timers so let's give them the benefit of the doubt and I wind up with even a 50% hatch. That's still A LOT OF DUCK. :lmfao:

Are you interested in any ducklings?? Or know anyone who is?? Otherwise I'm gonna need a lot of recipes using duck. :lmfao::lmfao:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
@Timmy59 I find myself in a bit of a predicament. Remember those Welsh Harlequin ducks I was so proud of snagging last year?? Well ... Yeah ... About "those" ducks ...

I have 5 hens sitting on 5 nests. As best I can count, well over 25 eggs in each nest. :ooh2: Ok, all these girls are first-timers so let's give them the benefit of the doubt and I wind up with even a 50% hatch. That's still A LOT OF DUCK. :lmfao:

Are you interested in any ducklings?? Or know anyone who is?? Otherwise I'm gonna need a lot of recipes using duck. :lmfao::lmfao:
Take all those extra ducklings to Mary's Swap Meet. [emoji16]

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take all those extra ducklings to Mary's Swap Meet. [emoji16]

I'm half tempted ... And I might wind up doing just that. Only problem with Mary's is no one who takes livestock there brings it back home if if doesn't sell. I'm not quite ready to just kill off what doesn't sell. Especially if I could just avoid the place altogether.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Darn, too bad I don't have my little farm up and running yet. I'm gonna have trouble keeping up with our one dog. I wish you duck...er luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom