A proposal to our state legislators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about sending this to my district's representatives:

"Oklahoman's are fortunate to have better support than most for the right of honest citizens to keep an bear arms.
In order to help insure those citizens are proficient and safe with those arms I'd like to see the legislature pass a bill allowing citizens taking training supplementary to that given in the Concealed Carry to receive an income tax credit for the class tuition as encouragement to receive further training."

Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile idea?

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If we can't even get a tax break for buying the gun in the first place,I see the temperature even higher in hell for a tax break on learning to use them.

Nope.Not a snowballs chance........:(

Yeah but this will tug at the public heart strings a bit. A tax rebate for buying guns will look like they are encouraging people to run out and buy them. This idea OP proposed makes it appear as if the politicians are encouraging us to be responsible with them. Two different trains of thought imo. I like the idea as long as it's not mandatory and or a pass/fail class.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since this idea can't get any traction in a 2A friendly group I think I'm safe saying this idea wouldn't have a chance in hades with legislators.
So...... nevermind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom