A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i didn't get a chance to hunt this weekend, but would love to hear from everyone on how your hunt went. See anything? Shoot anything? Any neighbors ruin your hunt?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got Bubba'd saturday morning. Got to thunderbird early, got settled in. 1 hour prior to shooting light two bubbas show up, lights on, trampling (i mean almost stomping). We flash out lights. They walk right up to us "sorry". They walk 70 yards and turn their lights off. We left that spot and went further east. Got decent spots but not as nice as the first ones. We didn't see a thing. 7 trucks were in the parking lot when we left.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got Bubba'd saturday morning. Got to thunderbird early, got settled in. 1 hour prior to shooting light two bubbas show up, lights on, trampling (i mean almost stomping). We flash out lights. They walk right up to us "sorry". They walk 70 yards and turn their lights off. We left that spot and went further east. Got decent spots but not as nice as the first ones. We didn't see a thing. 7 trucks were in the parking lot when we left.

Left too early. Leave last and get the walkers to spook the deer to you.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Saturday:
"I shifted some work around and my coworker is covering for me so I can get in a morning hunt.

20 minutes after shooting light, another hunter approached with the grace of an elephant. I had to yell, after he tried sitting down 40 yards from me. He moved off, but has now reappeared, walking through to the other side of me. I'm not sure what he's thinking, but I'm not real pleased given the second encounter and his passing through to the other side of me now.

I missed a doe at 40 yards thanks to a squeaky tree putting her on high alert and the infamous invisible twig high fiving my arrow as it passed. The lumenock is now glowing smugly at 40+ yards."

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a spot I was going to for the first time. Used a Ghostblind for the first time also. Blew away my scent control first thing sweating like a pig and soaking my non-scented camo clothing before light just getting to my spot. Had a group of three does coming my way about 10:00 a.m. when some farm equipment nearby appeared to spook them and send them running. Could have been my stinky scent since the wind seemed to be swirling pretty good. I guess the good news is that I can now confirm there are deer there. It also gave me the opportunity to better plan for my blind setup next Saturday. The mosquito's were pretty think. Hard to stay still when you're swatting them off your face.

Latest posts

Top Bottom