A recap of everyone's weekend hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the honor of being asked to go on a doe/pig hunt on a cattle ranch Sunday. I saw more deer in 1 day than I saw all season on public land. I couldn't believe it. I got busted drawing on a doe and whiffed on a 40 yard shot as she was on high alert and I didn't settle myself down. Didn't see any pigs, but I did get to see 4 elk and heard a bugle for the first time in person. It was an incredible day and a perfect way to eat tag soup.

That being said, I'm seriously looking for a lease next season with my wife already giving the green light.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
what you guys use for bait for the cats? i seem to catch nothing but grinners over and over again.

edit: oh wait looks like a live chicken! lol

never trapped before and this is my first year..

Duck carcasses or feathers primarily. They're dumb and predictable, but easily distracted before they commit. You're not releasing your grinners are you? :) They'll just be a repeat customer.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duck carcasses or feathers primarily. They're dumb and predictable, but easily distracted before they commit. You're not releasing your grinners are you? :) They'll just be a repeat customer.
ill give that a try!

I hate to admit but yes i am... i have painted them with spray paint tho, just to see if they are repeats...LOL Maybe i shouldn't be so nice to them ha ha
Now a coon wont live, but mainly cause they like to eat all my deer corn :)

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what you guys use for bait for the cats? i seem to catch nothing but grinners over and over again.

edit: oh wait looks like a live chicken! lol

never trapped before and this is my first year..

Make sure you cover the bottom of the trap with litter (live trap ) cats hate the wire on their paws. I also cut a coons tail off and hang it inside the trap so I can blow in the breeze. I'm far from any kind of expert but learned a few lessons last year.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom