AAC TITAN with 30-06 Encore Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was 75 for the thread job. He had my rifle for about 5 weeks, but he became pretty ill while he had it so it was understandable. Steve originally quoted me about 10 days. The work was phenomenal. I was very pleased with it. The thread protector is an additional $25 if I remember correctly.

I've had Steve do two barrels for me - highly recommend him.

Hey Dustin - does the Titan mount to a QD connector or directly to a threaded barrel?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a thread on can. The QD version is 6dB (2x) louder and twice the price.

For precision shooting, I prefer a thread mount can as well. This choice was a no brainer. I also got it threaded 5/8-24 which is the standard 308 thread. As well as it does on -06 I think it would do just as good or better on 308. I'd like to hear it on 243 too.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would want it to look like a real MP5 so I'd look at some pics and ask for some measurements online. That will give you plenty of room to thread the can on. You really only need about 0.5" for the threads. The spec will be 1/2-28TPI right hand and it will be 0.4" long.

Look at sheet 3 on this PDF from AAC.

http://www.silencertalk.com/threading/THREAD GUIDE_072709.pdf

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How far would you have him cut the barrel down on a GSG-5? How much should left sticking out to thread on a TAC-65?

I would want it to look like a real MP5 so I'd look at some pics and ask for some measurements online. That will give you plenty of room to thread the can on. You really only need about 0.5" for the threads. The spec will be 1/2-28TPI right hand and it will be 0.4" long.

Look at sheet 3 on this PDF from AAC.

http://www.silencertalk.com/threading/THREAD GUIDE_072709.pdf

The barrel set up in a GSG-5 is not very accomidating for a suppressor. You can't just thread the barrel & be ready to go. The barrel is actually secured by the barrel shroud/fake suppressor. Removing that & threading the barrel with no way to secure it anymore will just leave your barrel flopping around. No one wants a floppy barrel. Also, the ouside diameter of the actual barrel is something like .48, if I remember correctly. The thread size for a .22 can is 1/2x28tpi. So, the outer dia. of the barrel isn't big enough to thread for a suppressor to directly attach anyway. JeffSoward sbr'd his using a gemtech threaded adapter that screws into the receiver housing & secures the barrel, the barrel length after shortening is something like 8.38". After all is said & done, it sticks out past the hand guard/receiver about 1" & he runs a spectre on it from there. It looks awesome. You should talk to Jeff & look at his first hand to get an idea of what to do. He'd be more than happy to show it off.

FWIW: You'd probably get more help with this in a seperate thread. I just happen to think dustin's rifle setup is pretty badass, is the only reason I saw your posting.