AAR: Appleseed at Excalibur Sporting Goods in Afton, OK March 24-25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a link to the AAR thread on the Appleseed site, with some good pictures: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28485.0

I will post my comments here as well.

Yet another good time in Afton!

It was great to see new and familiar faces alike on the line. Everyone improved their skills over the weekend, and looked like everyone was having a good time doing it. The mud was well worth putting up with in order to enjoy the wonderful weather -- 70s and 80s all weekend, sunny with a light breeze. We got to hand out a lot of patches -- some to new Riflemen, some to re-confirmed ones. Particularly impressive was the gentleman who shot a 240 on his final AQT. It was also amazing how quickly Beth learned the use of the rifle, with this being the first time she ever fired a gun. Something tells me it won't be the last!

I want to particularly thank my fellow volunteers Will and Tom for standing with me on the line and helping to make this an exceptional event. I only hope we can find more volunteers of your fine charachter, in order to keep growing the program and advancing our cause of turning this country back into a nation of Riflemen.

Big thanks also go to Mike Nelson, owner of Excalibur Sporting Goods, who was, as always, a great host. Without Mike, the Oklahoma Appleseed program would not be near what it is today, and there would certainly be a lot less Riflemen around! I hope we can keep the relationship between Excalibur and Appleseed going strong for many years to come.

If you missed out on this one, we are coming to USSA in Tulsa on April 7-8 (Easter weekend). We also have a whole lineup of events planned all over the state throughout the year... check it out here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=OK&statename=Oklahoma

See you on the firing line!

-- henschman

Lomshek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anyone needs encouraged Appleseed is a great program for learning more than you ever thought possible about precision riflery while picking up some great stories about and respect for the sacrifices our founders made.

No ninja or nonja BS, just some down to earth training on how to hold the rifle, master the sights and work the trigger. Everyone is better by the end of an Appleseed.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe me, it's my pleasure fellas... and it would be yours too if any of you guys would take an orange hat and join us on the line.

You're always in good company, and the pay is great! ;)

I hear as a bonus you might get a free country out of the deal, if you work hard and make enough Riflemen!

Latest posts

Top Bottom