Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kejross

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
this just amazes me! i have never had any issues in the 5-10 rimfires ive shot em through. numerous buck marks, ruger mark 2, sig mosquito, wait, that thing didnt like anything. multiple p22s, sp22, rifles etc. sorry to hear of your woes, but i have neeeever experienced that!

All I can say is it must have been a bad batch then. In each of them the leading was an inch or two past the chamber and I had a pile of lead after cleaning them. But that from googleing the problem I'm definitely not the only one its happened to with the thunderbolts. I know the same guns with various other LRN, having an entire brick burned through them in an afternoon have never had an issue before or after that. The original pistol I bought with them was a GSG 1911-22 and I've since learned after probably 4-5000 rounds through it that it will eat anything at all and I only stockpile plated HPs now.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoke with a local source who shall remain nameless and they were saying the price of everything will remain at the crazy prices for some time to come from the manufacturers (ammo/mags). The source said that .22lr is about 120 days at the very least and the price will be higher than what we've seen in the pre-freak out pricing.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay, no comment on the limit but i was in there yesterday and the costomer service rep was treating the sale of .22 ammo like a fire arm sale. there were 3 adults there each buying a box of .22 and the male, husband, had the money, the csr would not allow him to hand the money to them and was freaking out over the man giving his wife the $5 to pay for it. Said if you dont like it then complain to congress?!?
I think the csr was just confusing policy with law but it was odd.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It helps cut down the people waiting outside till they open and buying all of it and selling it for an outrageous price.

Academy was being criticized by the gun community for allowing this ^ ^ ^ ^ to happen... now they are being criticized by the gun community for serving more customers... Give them a break.

I also learned that you can buy only one handgun every seven days. I was impacted by that policy, but had no problem waiting another few days...

LL

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now does first inline mean you get the first rifle (When the doors open) Or does it mean, first inline gets ran over and the person next inline gets the gun?
How does this work?

I remember a couple of Christmas' back when a toy came out and everyone inline got trampled.
I was not in line at the time just saw it! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom