Academy and AR's, mags, and ammo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I forgot what time it was yesterday morning and showed up late around 825am. They had crap left. They had some little tiny .22 boxes like 50 rounds. I passed and left. I went last Friday and the line in Norman had to be 50 people. I like how people are having their wives and sons/daughters of age to buy ammo for them. I need to talk my wife into that. I did score one of those neat cans of .22 last Friday. It is sealed with a tuna can type thing. Supposedly packed in Nitrogen for long term storage. Too bad it's only 325 rounds.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't been to academy in a couple weeks. Kinda pointless to drive to tulsa fo a couple boxes of ammo.

Same here. It's been at least a month for me.

Man I thought I was the only one...I have not been in there in over a month...to me it is pointless...I got what I could and now if I "happen" to need something from there like Hoppe's I might check the ammo...but my days of the panic buy are over...it is too stressful...it was entertaining though...I never stooped to waiting in line in the mornings though...but I went in a few times per week at various academies there for awhile...when they enacted their limits, I did not go back.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went into the 81st Street store Sunday evening - and saw one 5-round box of 12 gauge 00 buck. Not much else unless you're looking for steel waterfowl loads, some of the "big game" rifle cartridges, or just simple shotgun shells. They may have gotten a truck in since then, though.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit Academy today and got irritated and walked out with nothing. Stacks of .223 and 5.56. But didn't really feel it was even worth my effort to get 20 rounds of each.

Hit 2 WalMarts, walked out with a total of 10 12g slugs and 5 rounds of 00 buck.

Another LGS - American Eagle .45 230gr FMJ at $0.80/round, a $600 15-22, and a $2,750 Sig 556.

No thanks.

Oh, funny story about the 2nd WM...

When buying my maxxed out 15 rounds of 12g ammo, I saw behind the girl (a term I use quite loosely... moose comes to mind more appropriately) a black-rifle-style .22. I couldn't see it well, so I asked her:

Me: Is that an M&P 15-22?
Moose-girl: Yes.
Me: How much is it?
Moose-girl: $229.
Me: $229???? For an M&P 15-22???
Moose-girl: Yes.
Me: That's not right. You're sure it's an M&P 15-22 and it's $229?
Moose-girl (irritated as hell now): Yes, it's $229.
Me: Fine, I'll take it.
(She turns to pull it out of the case)
Me: You're sure that is a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22?
Moose-girl: No, it's a Mossberg.
Me: Never mind.
(sigh)

I need a drink, dangnabbit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom