Accidental Shooting at H&H?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kfor channel 4 is reporting a patron shot himself in the hand at H&H this afternoon. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRISKY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.....I just left H&H about an hour ago. When I am in OKC I try to stop there and buy a Frito chili pie from the restaurant.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least all he struck was an extremity, it could have been a lot worse.

I strong reminder to all to mind the basic rules of gun safety.

www.heritagesecuritysolutions.com_uploads_5_4_2_1_5421514_gunsafety_orig.jpg

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would pay extra to go to an indoor range where someone had to pass a simple safety test before going in to shoot. I spend half my time at indoor ranges keeping my eye on those shooting next to me. I think I posted on here about my experience at Wilshire. They rented a SCAR and a pistol to two guys from Australia who had never touched a firearm before (one had never seen one in person) and sent them out to shoot next to my friends and I. Had I not been paying attention and giving them some free lessons, I have little doubt someone would have been shot. I went to the desk and was like WTH? The guy said, we told them how to load them and they said they were fine.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would pay extra to go to an indoor range where someone had to pass a simple safety test before going in to shoot. I spend half my time at indoor ranges keeping my eye on those shooting next to me. I think I posted on here about my experience at Wilshire. They rented a SCAR and a pistol to two guys from Australia who had never touched a firearm before (one had never seen one in person) and sent them out to shoot next to my friends and I. Had I not been paying attention and giving them some free lessons, I have little doubt someone would have been shot. I went to the desk and was like WTH? The guy said, we told them how to load them and they said they were fine.

Certainly an interesting dilemma ranges face as most like H&H don't have an on-site range safety officer. I bet most managers just have the 'It'll be fine.' mentality when referring to renting people firearms that have never shot before. Those same managers probably figure the cost of having such a range safety officer or conducting a formal/informal safety briefing would be to costly/cumbersome. Not saying I agree, but I think this is the school of thought we are looking at.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Certainly an interesting dilemma ranges face as most like H&H don't have an on-site range safety officer. I bet most managers just have the 'It'll be fine.' mentality when referring to renting people firearms that have never shot before. Those same managers probably figure the cost of having such a range safety officer or conducting a formal/informal safety briefing would be to costly/cumbersome. Not saying I agree, but I think this is the school of thought we are looking at.
Wilshire used a video camera system when I was there. Wife and I rented three guns when she was looking for a CC. I was showing her proper grip, and letting her take the gun from my hand to get her grip when one of the employees came in and requested that I put the gun on the table and let her take it from there vs hand to hand. I was cool with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom