Action filed against OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecheat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after today my permit's grace period is up and I can no longer carry. Are there ANY steps I can take aside from calling and leaving a message to get this going? I'm NOT okay with this in the least bit. After carrying a weapon for so long I feel so unprotected when I'm out and about now.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see in the original subpoena, that the judge ordered OSBI to appear in court on 12 September. Will this hearing still take place even though OSBI issued the license? It would be good if it did, if only to hear their explanation for the delay.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see in the original subpoena, that the judge ordered OSBI to appear in court on 12 September. Will this hearing still take place even though OSBI issued the license? It would be good if it did, if only to hear their explanation for the delay.

Nah ... $20 bucks says they will file a Motion to Dismiss as they have now "complied" with the law and issued the permit ... :rolleyes2 Too bad ... I would have like to see this one go to class action status ...

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS, we reached a settlement as to fees and costs. Once the order is approved by the parties and the court, the cause will be dimissed. I was, however, looking forward to the hearing. I love to litigate in court.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after today my permit's grace period is up and I can no longer carry. Are there ANY steps I can take aside from calling and leaving a message to get this going? I'm NOT okay with this in the least bit. After carrying a weapon for so long I feel so unprotected when I'm out and about now.

Call your state congressman (or woman) and demand immediate relief. I would continue to carry on the expired license and if any officer you contact has concerns, they can contact the OSBI.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...or call jhat. LOL.
LOL! That was a good one SMS, I'm still smiling. I am, however, a criminal defense attorney who stays away from civil matters. I played with the OSBI to help out a friend and to shake-em-up a bit. : ) This was, according to their attorney, the first SDA writ issued against them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom