Action filed against OSBI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! That was a good one SMS, I'm still smiling. I am, however, a criminal defense attorney who stays away from civil matters. I played with the OSBI to help out a friend and to shake-em-up a bit. : ) This was, according to their attorney, the first SDA writ issued against them.

thanks very much for laying the ground work .. knowing writ was recently served on OSBI made all the difference in dealing with them.

is there any possible way you could lay out how to instructions? including copies of documents with names redacted?

thanks...

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after today my permit's grace period is up and I can no longer carry. Are there ANY steps I can take aside from calling and leaving a message to get this going? I'm NOT okay with this in the least bit. After carrying a weapon for so long I feel so unprotected when I'm out and about now.

get on OSBI website for renewal .. send them an email stating how many days it's been. And that they have a responsibility by state statue to issue within 90 days. followed by: when will I receive my application?

took OSBI about a week to respond to my request worded like above .. with an email that stated my application was approved and it would take another 7-10 working days before I received my renewal.

printed off that email from OSBI to carry with me. figured that would suffice as proof until my application actually made it in.

despite repeatedly calling and emailing OSBI .. asking why they were holding my application past the statutory 90days .. made no difference, took another two weeks before I finally received my renewal.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, I've read this entire thread and I"m wondering... and I know some of you don't live in the Okc Metro but if the OSBI is holding your application, could you not just drive over to 63rd and Broadway Ext and get it yourself? Or does it have to be mailed to you?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I've read this entire thread and I"m wondering... and I know some of you don't live in the Okc Metro but if the OSBI is holding your application, could you not just drive over to 63rd and Broadway Ext and get it yourself? Or does it have to be mailed to you?

Good question. Personally if I was waiting past the 90 days i'd be blowing up their phone every day getting on somebodys nerves. Squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks very much for laying the ground work .. knowing writ was recently served on OSBI made all the difference in dealing with them.

is there any possible way you could lay out how to instructions? including copies of documents with names redacted?

thanks...
CY,
You can view the documents on OSCN.

Latest posts

Top Bottom