Active Shooter Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I teach at OSU-OKC and we just received the following e-mail:

"Do you know what to do in an Active Shooter situation? Attend a 20 minute video session to find out!"

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_shotsfired.jpg

I don't think they thought it was funny when I replied to "all" and said "Double Tap to CoM" I think I might be on probation now. :(

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a link online to this video. It is very good in that it stressed over and over - Don't be a victim. Practice being a survivor. Of course, there is no mention of students/faculty/staff being armed. It is worth the 30 mins to watch it.

B

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So being armed is the only way to survive? When the first shots are fired you are just as likely to be shot if you are armed or unarmed. Best solution to active shooter is to seek cover and get as far away as possible. I know there are many many "what ifs" like "what if" your exit is blocked.

I do think this is a good step in the right direction. Too many schools and "gun fee" zones try to ignore the possibility of an active shooter. OSU is taking a good step in acknowledging the issue and preparing students/faculty/staff to react to the situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom