Ada range with creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good day. Played 18 holes of golf and shot 7 over par 72. Not bad for a year layoff. Then drove to range and shot a couple of groups. Had adjusted the factory trigger on my ruger american and wanted to see how it felt. It's better but not what I want. Ordering the Timney trigger.
Shot two groups off a cheap bi-pod but on a stable shooting table. Pic one is the first 4 rounds and Pic two is second effort. Only shot these two mags as I was more concerned about how the trigger adjustment I did, worked.
Like I said, getting the timney trigger.
Shooting Hornady 120 grain at 100 yards with little to no wind.
Would love to tell you that I was shooting my Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor but some people think I'm being repetitive.....OOPS I did it again :boxing3:
Ada 100 5.6.17.JPG
Ada 100 5.6.17 2.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a bag for the rear?
Nope. I have some home made bags made with tube socks filled with rice. Need to get a good rear bag I can squeeze to adjust. I noticed my technique needs a lot of work. Have a tendency to rest my off hand on bag and adjust up that takes it off the bag. Not good.
Also need to get more behind the gun with less tension in my back, shoulders...etc.
I have a lot of work to do, and surprised I get the results I achieve. Part of that includes having the proper equipment.
A good bag (front and back) will help. A trigger change will help. Using proper form will help a ton.
A buddy of mine has his long range set up going and invited me to come out today and shoot steel. Goes out to 600 yards but with my mistakes at 100, I'll be lucky to get on steel at 400 or even 300.
This is his private place and he going to give me a key to go shoot when I want, if I like it. He knew I was trying to set up the same thing, and was buying the targets and stands, and said to look at his and might not need to do my own. Just about 10 minutes from my house so who knows.
Has multiple distances with steel with the max at 600 from a bench but has room to move it out much further if you want to shoot prone.
Oops. Off topic. No I don't have a rear bag.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have a real one either. I use a couple of old socks filled up with bird shot. I just cant ever seem to remember to buy a set when Im somewhere that has them. My shooting buddy has a nice set so I just use his all the time. Get a good set and you can concentrate on other aspects of your shooting.
Go shoot at his place man. You may learn something. You may learn a lot. If hes a damn good shooter, have him shoot a 5 shot group with your gun and see if the group shrinks.
Oh and I do better off a front bag than a bipod.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have a real one either. I use a couple of old socks filled up with bird shot. I just cant ever seem to remember to buy a set when Im somewhere that has them. My shooting buddy has a nice set so I just use his all the time. Get a good set and you can concentrate on other aspects of your shooting.
Go shoot at his place man. You may learn something. You may learn a lot. If hes a damn good shooter, have him shoot a 5 shot group with your gun and see if the group shrinks.
Oh and I do better off a front bag than a bipod.
Not sure how good a shooter he is but he has great tools. Has two precision rifles (6.5 creedmoor and 308) both really nicely set up with great glass. He's retired and shoots almost every day. He's started reloading and wanted me to go see his set up. Started keeping my brass from the 6.5 and may try to load a few with 142 grain.
He's just now set up to test loads and I might just do the same and figure out what mine likes. Also be a great way to see the difference in shelf and loaded rounds.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can bet hes at least above average then. I would take him up on that stuff all day. And if you find a load your gun likes you can save the numbers and have them for later if you ever get into it yourself. The smallest change can change your groups beyond belief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom