Adding a trolling motor to my canoe for deer season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out and scouted a bit today for hunting spots for this fall. I have decided that I am going to try and use my canoe to reach some areas easier. Problem is that the area I want to reach is 2 miles up river and it took me 45-50 minutes to reach it. Once I got there I was hot and sweaty and not exactly scent free. I thought I might attach a trolling motor to my caone to speed up my voyage and keep me from getting to hot. I have seen the $100 adapters, but there is no way in heck im spending that. Anyone have any input or ideas to attach the trolling motor. I only plan to use this strategy during early season hunting incase I take a swim....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My canoe is a square stern model Lowe.
Rated for 5 hp gas motor, but I've only use my 65 lb minn kota on it. I don't have to use the adaptor, but in looking at the pic, it should be pretty easy to fab.
Its amazing how close one can get to wild game and fish while silently paddling a canoe along the shoreline.:D
I think you have a great plan:D

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ill post a pic later today or tomorrow. I have a class tonight. Thanks for all teh great info guys. I think I am going to try and build one like the one from llbean

Latest posts

Top Bottom