address change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to change my address on my carry license, I've got the form and it says to send 15 dollars for a new license my question is do I need to send them new photos as well? The form also impies that you don't have to get a new license and that you can just send the form in and they'll change it in the cpu. I'm due for a renewal in a year so I really don't want to give the state any more money than I have too.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need to get the new license, just send the address change and update when you renew. I think it needs to be notorized

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to change my address on my carry license, I've got the form and it says to send 15 dollars for a new license my question is do I need to send them new photos as well? The form also impies that you don't have to get a new license and that you can just send the form in and they'll change it in the cpu. I'm due for a renewal in a year so I really don't want to give the state any more money than I have too.

OSBI can produce a new license for you using your current digital image, which they have. No need to send them new pic's. The form, which I assume is the one you downloaded from the OSBI site, has all the requirements; i.e. type of funds, etc.

You not have to get a new license per the statute BUT you may have a DL with one address and a SDA card with another. That can cause troubles for you if you have to present both to LE out of state.

If your DL is the old address, you may have troubles using it for ID such as purchasing a firearm, cashing a check, etc.

You do have to notify the state of your address change for DL purposes.

Realistically you'll do best to have a DL and SDA card with your current "real" address.

Latest posts

Top Bottom