Adjusted factory trigger on Ruger American Predator Creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adjusted my factory trigger on my Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.
Picture one ( and two) is my poor mans trigger pull gauge. Walmart digital luggage gauge ($7.00) and a wire I bent into place on two ends.
Initial reading 3.61 lbs.
Pic three is removal of set bolts (two very easy to remove).
Pic four is the bare barrel.
Pic five is the adjustment screw (out for less pull and in for more) adjusted several turns.
Pic six is the result of the adjustment which is now at 2.87 lbs. This is fantastic to me. Not sure I would get it to this without clipping the spring. Its perfect for me and exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait to try it on the range.
Pic seven is how many inch lbs. I torqued the set screws.
Thought it might be interesting for you guys, it was for me to do. Trigger adjusment 1 poor mans tools.JPG Trigger adjustment 2 lb pre.JPG Trigger adjustment 3 remove barrel.JPG Trigger adjustment 4 bare barrel.JPG Trigger adjustment 5 adjustment screw.JPG Trigger adjustment 6 2.87.JPG Trigger adjustment 7 torgue 62.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carry on.
I have a Savage 11vt in .223 Remington that'll kick that creedmores ass! Ha!
I like the gun and new to the 6.5. Not crazy about the stock and going to drop it in the LSS Chassis soon.
What scope and distance do you shoot the Rem. 223?
I also have no doubt you, and dozens more on this site, can kick my ass at distance. Ha!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the gun and new to the 6.5. Not crazy about the stock and going to drop it in the LSS Chassis soon.
What scope and distance do you shoot the Rem. 223?
I also have no doubt you, and dozens more on this site, can kick my ass at distance. Ha!

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50
The range I frequent only goes out to 200, I've been itching to go at least 500

Latest posts

Top Bottom