Advanced combat helmet or similar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never heard about a pro pricing program through these. That looks like a good direction to go. I appreciate the direction I will definitely check it out

I will need a medium

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
do the occasional ebay and craigslist search; I feel for you. if your pd has someone thats the designated grant writer, Id have him look into dod equipment grants.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/HAT-148

Cheaper than dirt has them for $130. Does anybody have any input on this one?

If I were you, I'd send their customer service an email and inquire on who exactly the manufacturer is...just to make sure it isn't a foreign rip off.

Also, if you get a helmet that is predrilled for a NVG mount, but do not install a mount, the hole has been determined to be a potential point of failure. IIRC, there is a safety message out there somewhere that covers the issue. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CTD claimed that they are specialty defense systems. Looks like there was a recall on a small percentage of ACH's that were manufactured in 07-09. I've read a few reports that they were recalled because of a fine print technicality but were all still ballistically sound. Any knowledge?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CTD claimed that they are specialty defense systems. Looks like there was a recall on a small percentage of ACH's that were manufactured in 07-09. I've read a few reports that they were recalled because of a fine print technicality but were all still ballistically sound. Any knowledge?

IIRC, the recalled ACH's were manufactured by ArmorSource...and another earlier recall on Gentex models.

SDS should be ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom