Advanced combat helmet or similar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your agency is not able or unwilling to provide the equipment needed to do your job, I wouldn't do it. If you get hurt, YOU get blamed if it's an equipment failure. Is your department going to pay for your medical bills if that happens?

Being in LE attracts a LOT of lawsuits. As an example, After an OIS I was questioned about the gun I carried and the ammo I used. The gun was mine but was approved by dept policy and the ammo was issued. If you're going to use your own equipment, get a letter or policy that approves it and keeps you from liability.

For the activities you mentioned, get as much training as you can with documentation and certificates to back it up if needed. Is something does happen, you WILL need it.

The reason I stress all this is personal experience. I've been involved in three job related civil suits and came out on top because I CMA.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still haven't found the memo on the NVG mounting hole...but the basic premise is to use an extra harness bolt to fill the hole if you aren't going to install an NVG mount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom