Affirmative defense... Gemini gun training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Just looking to change some things up. I am sure there are no shortage of folks to take my money, that want me to be subjected to the tyranny of TSA, with programs that were based in the Amway model...appreciated though.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well sent message to the affirmative defense folks and didn't get a response. Contacted Gemini 6 Dec they have a class. 60.00. Quick response only draw back from my foxhole so far is he required store bought ammo. Think I may do revolver to ensure I come back with 150 cases. Going to check it out. More to follow

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well sent message to the affirmative defense folks and didn't get a response. Contacted Gemini 6 Dec they have a class. 60.00. Quick response only draw back from my foxhole so far is he required store bought ammo. Think I may do revolver to ensure I come back with 150 cases. Going to check it out. More to follow

Remember if you do revolver your license will only cover carry of a revolver; if you do semi-auto it covers either (unless something's changed since I took mine). Store bought ammo requirement isn't universal, but not particularly unusual depending on where the practical is done.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only "Post Basic" classes I know of that have a fixed curriculum are the NRA "Personal Protection" Courses.
Other than those, the instructor pretty much designs the course to suit himself, and many are more oriented toward shooting fast on a range than defensive shooting.
Don't know the specific one you're looking at, just suggesting you make sure the course suits your needs.

I have sent people to Marshall at TDSA for some rigorous defensive training.
http://tdsatulsa.com/instructors.php

My experience with conducting the NRA Personal Protection Courses, is that many shooters are more in need of learning shooting and gun handling basics than they think they are. I wouldn't recommend jumping into TDSA Advanced Pistol Combat unless you have tried some USPSA or IDPA competition already.

No reputable instructor doing sanctioned classes is going to let you shoot reloads in a class. My insurance does not cover it. Neither the NRA nor OK CLEET allow reloads in classes. It is forbidden in SDA classes.

Given the "Bubba Class" stories I have heard about some of the SDA classes, I do believe that some people are ignoring the rules (and perhaps risking everything they own).

Last edited:

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is an older post, but some extra info never hurts for those who are seeking it. This is just some information I got from a relative who took this course which was offered by a man named Bennie in Ryan, Oklahoma that offers classes for 50 bucks and it's a one day deal. He provides the guns and ammo for the course. I talked briefly with him about the course and he tries to work with people on scheduling the classes. I have his number, but don't want to post it in here. I would gladly share it through other avenues for anyone interested. Just pull up my profile page and use the best method for you. Text message works best for me, but not everyone texts. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom