Ahmaud Arbery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The McMichaels are screwed.

Citizen’s arrest doesn’t apply because they admitted not having witnessed a crime.

Stand your ground doesn’t apply because it usually requires one to be acting lawfully in a place they have a right to be. It’s not lawful, nor do you have a right to A) set up an armed roadblock or B) attempt to detain someone at gun point who is not actively committing a hostile act

Self defense doesn’t apply because unlawfully attempting to detain someone at gun point makes you the unlawful aggressor. Arbery would have been completely justified in drawing a gun and shooting them both dead, especially after he attempted to evade them by going around the right side of the truck because McMichael was posted up on the left (and then moved to cut Arbery off).

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if that is legit, but I know I've entered homes under construction a few times, sometimes it's just curiosity. Doesn't mean he was doing anything bad and it's certainly not a felony crime. And that is certainly not what they 'claimed' they were 'stopping' him for.

Their story is thin thin thin and they were overzealous and their actions led to his death.

Same here. Story said he was running in his neighborhood, we sometimes walk thru houses being constructed in our neighborhood just out of curiosity, see how they're built, etc.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looked including a search of the name and didn't see anything posted on this. The two shooters might just have bought room and board in the Georgia correctional system and for a considerable period of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Ahmaud_Arbery
Something to keep in mind is that Wikipedia is largely moderated by left wingers, so the information you see there is going to be slanted in a certain direction. Don't assume it's a properly vetted and centralized source of info.
Point taken. Did you see anything that was not accurate in the wiki article?

Here is Ben Shapiro's take on it. Shapiro is a conservative/libertarian.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think this is how it went down. There isnt any evidence of him jogging anywhere. There is eveidence of him commiting a felony (video). This house isnt new construction. It is an existing house getting remodeled. The media has shammed everyone again. alot of people on this thread may change thier opions on this if when they see more of the real story (not the story the media is feeding).

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think this is how it went down. There isnt any evidence of him jogging anywhere. There is eveidence of him commiting a felony (video). This house isnt new construction. It is an existing house getting remodeled. The media has shammed everyone again. alot of people on this thread may change thier opions on this if when they see more of the real story (not the story the media is feeding).

Jogging or not. If the McMichaels did not witness a crime occur, they had no legal standing to execute a citizen’s arrest. It doesn’t matter if Arbery murdered someone in that house. It doesn’t matter if he was jogging or running down the road yelling “screw whitey!”.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm reserving judgment until the trial. There's so much BS and "edited" clips of video, you can't believe anything anymore.

I remember the Rodney King video - entire event played out one way, the short clip the media wore out implied something completely different happened.

Same deal with Ferguson - convenient omission ain't any different than lying.

We'll see.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jogging or not. If the McMichaels did not witness a crime occur, they had no legal standing to execute a citizen’s arrest. It doesn’t matter if Arbery murdered someone in that house. It doesn’t matter if he was jogging or running down the road yelling “screw whitey!”.

Do you know they didn't witness a crime? I will say i don't know if they did or didn't. Him entering the house (which is on multiple videos) is a felony by Georgia law. If they DID witness him enter, they were totally within the law to perform a citizens arrest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom